Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baby Shower Banner





I made this Congraulations banner for a baby shower I hosted with a co-worker a while ago.  I found it the other day and thought it'd be blog publication worthy.  There aren't many Stampin' Up supplies used other than the letters which I stamped and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Some of the circles have been glittered to add some pizzazz.  The cute paper is from Lasting Impressions.  The banner is die cut from a Sizzix die, not the Stampin' Up exclusive banner die.  Ribbon to hold it all together is from Martha Stewart.

I strung this banner across this wall unit housing my cookbook collection.  I started collecting cookbooks over a decade ago, but had to slow down my pace after 4 moves all over the state of California.  Every time I moved, the movers would comment about all the boxes and boxes of HEAVY books.  Sorry guys!  I read cookbooks like some would read novels.  It's very comforting for me to pick up a cookbook and read it cover to cover and admire all the beautiful food styling pictures.  I'm anxiously awaiting the publications of the new Barefoot Contessa cookbook plus the Flour Bakery book by Joanne Chang.  I LOVE Flour!  If you're ever in Boston, visit her bakery - it's a must.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Big Deal Alphabet (retired)
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Pink Passion (retired), Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (retired), Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder, Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment