Monday, June 21, 2010

Let's Be Clear


Today's post features cards made with clear transparency sheets.  Clear cards are unique and modern and very easy to make.  They are the perfect platform for rub-ons too.  I started these cards by painting the backside of the front of the cards with scrapbook paint.  I really wish Stampin' Up would offer paints in their exclusive colors; I sent in a product suggestion so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they eventually will.  In the meantime, your local craft store has lots of fun colors to play with.  Allow at least 10 minutes for the paint to dry before proceeding.

The first card is another Father's Day card.  I made this for my non-stamping sister to give to our dad.  Since the card I made for myself featured a polka-dotted D, I thought my sister's should feature a striped D.  I used the same technique by creating a small scrap of paper with stripes before running it thru the Big Shot.  This is another good use of scraps.  The inside of the card holds a small scrap of Whisper White cardstock to write your sentiment.  It's approximately the same size as the painted area and is adhered to the inside with mini glue dots.  I rubbed on "Happy Father's Day" from the Chit Chat collection (I love all the sayings!) and then popped up the D with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The second card is a birthday card featuring the Flowers, Daisies #2 Big Shot die.  The rubon is also from Chit Chat.  I used a button from the Sherbet Designer Buttons collection for the center of the flower to add a pop of color.  Both of these cards took less than 10 minutes to put together; add drying time for paint and you're only at 20 minutes for 2 cards.

I hope these two quick cards inspire you to create a clear card soon!

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Blue
Accessories:  Flowers, Daisies #2 Big Shot Die, Chit Chat Rubons, Serif Essentials Alphabet, Sherbet Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Transparency Sheet

1 comment: