Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Card



Happy Saturday Everyone!  I spent this morning making my dad his Father's Day card.  I incorporated everything I had that was masculine in his card and I'm sad to say I don't have much.  In fact I don't think I own a single masculine stamp set, so I had to improvise by using my Woodgrain background stamp and my Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to make the circle look like a golfball.  So without a male stamp set, I resorted to making my focal point a "D" for dad.  Spruced it up with some polka dots (sorry had to throw something feminine into the card) and finally the card was complete.  I made the "D" polka dotted by covering a small scrap of Peach Parfait cardstock with various sized circles, then ran it thru my Big Shot using the Serif Essentials Alphabet dies.  I originally wanted to print out "DAD" but the Serif letters were waaaaay too big to all comfortably fit on a 4.25" x 5.5" card.  Here's what the polka dotted piece looked like before going thru the Big Shot.






Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Woodgrain Background
Paper:  Peach Parfait, Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink:  Soft Suded
Accessories:  Serif Essentials Alphabet, Circle Scissor Plus, Stampin' Dimensionals, Perfect Polka Dots, Circle Punches:  1/8", 1/4" and 1/4" 



No comments:

Post a Comment