Sunday, June 13, 2010

Masculine Birthday Card


This is the birthday card I made for my brother-in-law.  I have a hard time coming up with masculine designs and it took me a few tries mixing various colors and components.  There'll be plenty of other opportunities to perfect masculine designs with Father's Day next week and my other brother-in-law's birthday coming up next month.

I incorporated more new items that will be available from Stampin' Up in July.  The background paper is called Newsprint and the first thing I thought was I needed to make the paper look old and aged.  Something about newsprint, I guess.  I even went as far as contemplating burning the edges a bit, but with my luck I'd probably set the house on fire.  So I settled with just a touch of roughing up (or shabby chic'ing) around the edges of the background paper.  With the vintage feel of the newsprint, I gravitated towards a "vintage" set called Puns From the Past.  The Grateful For You stamp is very appropriate as my BIL has helped me around my place a LOT by playing Mr. Handyman.  Thanks for building all my bookshelves to hold my collection of cookbooks!


Supplies List

Stamps:  Puns From the Past
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Newsprint DSP
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Corner Rounder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment