Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Flower Seen Round The Internet

 

Hi Everyone!  I took a few days off from blogging to enjoy the long 4th of July weekend.  I'm going to receive my box of new SU goodies on Thursday so check back often for projects using new product in future posts.

Now onto today's entry...I'm sure you've already seen a version of this scalloped flower somewhere in the blogosphere.  My talented friend Lynda first introduced me to this gorgeous flower at a stamp 'n chat session.  She had seen Dawn McVey make them by punching out pages from a vintage book.  When I first tried making my own, I used a retired background stamp called By Definition and stamped both sides of a piece of cardstock before punching out the scallops.  Needless to say, a wee bit tedious.  I was really excited when Stampin' Up introduced the Newsprint DSP in the new catalog.  Why?  Because I immediately saw scalloped flowers!  This card took less than 5 minutes to put together.  If you haven't seen this flower elsewhere, email me at bellaconfetti@gmail.com for instructions.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Teenie Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Newsprint Designer Series Paper, Scallop Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment