Wednesday, March 7, 2018

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


Continuing the theme of posts featuring my favorite recipes, I give to you my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  I don't know where the source of this recipe came from.  It was given to me by a friend and she said they were called Not Mrs. Fields.  I made a few changes to the amount of brown and white sugars.  I wanted my cookies chewier so I increased the brown sugar and decreased the white.  Also, I changed the amount of chocolate chips (there are two bags of chocolate chips in this recipe!) and added milk along with semi-sweet chocolate.  


Not Mrs. Fields
1/2 lb butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 eggs (crack one and scramble it, then take half the volume)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 c flour
1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Sift dry ingredients and add to the mixture.  Add chocolate chips.

Shape into 2" balls using a scoop and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Cookies may look underdone, but they will continue to brown as they cool down.  When cookies come out of the oven, flatten the tops with a spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment