Monday, February 26, 2018

My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe


I know it's been 8 years since my last post - where has the time gone?  I've been active on Social Media via my Instagram account @foodstraveller but after revisiting my blog a while ago, I realized I wanted to go back to blogging and share my travel, crafting and cooking pictures in more detail.  Blogging would allow this so here's my attempt at blogging 2.0.

Many, many years ago, when I was a young woman, I worked at Nordstrom selling men's shoes.  There were many great memories of that time in my life.  I took away many life lessons such as the "customer is always right".  I also took away the best banana bread recipe I've ever come across in my lifetime.  The recipe came out of an Employee Cookbook that was sold at the store.  Nowadays, Nordstom has published official fancy hard covered cookbooks, but back in the day, the cookbook I bought was a very "homemade" version with a spiral bound spine and a paper cover.  Here's the banana bread recipe from the cookbook with one edit by me.  I added some sour cream to the recipe.  This bread is amazingly moist.  You'll be thanking me like everyone who has ever had a slice of this bread.  It's heaven.  Enjoy!






Banana Bread

½ tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
¼ cup sour cream
3 or 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.  Cream butter and sugar with a mixer.  Add eggs, sour cream, bananas and vanilla.  Then add flour; do not overmix.  Pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment